Nottingham malaysian games 2017
The pioneering Nottingham Malaysian Games is historically the largest of its kind in the United Kingdom. We serve as a platform for Malaysian Students studying in the UK to communicate and bond with each other while also aiming to create a friendly and closely knitted community among the students. We attract more than 5000 students each year and have been receiving positive attention from the public several times in past years.
This year, we plan to expand our Games by introducing new games like golf and rugby as well as allowing more matches to be played. With the increasing rental fees and constricted budget, we are facing difficulties to make this dream a reality. We really need every help that we can get so that the players will benefit more from the Games.
Who are we?
The Nottingham Malaysian Society - a student body under the Student's Union of the University of Nottingham. We serve to protect the welfare of our members as well as introducing the culture of our beautiful country, Malaysia to the general public. Our flagship events are the Nottingham Malaysian Games and the MFest.
- We are hosting a game for Malaysian Students throughout UK to join and bond.
- We have hosted this event for years, and we want to make it bigger and better, building on the fantastic support it has received for the past decades.
- The funds we need are mainly for the rental of the David Ross Sports Village. Hosting the event at this new Centre will make for a fantastic event - but we need your help to make it happen.
Where will your money go?
- Our main concern now is the rental of our state of the art sports facility.
- Pledges will mean a great experience for our volunteers, contestants and spectators.
- We will use it to get walkie-talkies for better communication as well as improving our food festival that is complimentary to the games.
- General Breakdown of costs (We do charge the participants for registration fees which would approximately total at £11000):
- Venue hire: £8000
- Security and First Aid: £5000
- Travel (van hire): £500
- Volunteers Welfare: £1000
- Sports Equipment: £500
- *we only aim to breakeven for the event. Find us here:
Society Facebook: Nottingham Malaysian Society
Help us succeed!
- We need as many people as possible to be talking about our project. Everywhere you can think of!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please become a helper and use the social media buttons to share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.