Who are we ?
- We are the University of Nottingham Riding for the Disabled Association (RDA), we are a volunteering opportunity for the students of the university to volunteer with the RDA.
-Riding for the Disabled Association (RDA) are a charity who provide therapy and enjoyment to people with disabilities across the UK. They offer activities such as riding, carriage driving, vaulting, showjumping and Hippotherapy.
What do we do ?
-We send our volunteers to three different yards five times a week where they help out by grooming, tacking up and leading horses to and from the fields, as well as supporting and encouraging disabled riders.
-We organize and pay for the volunteers' transport to the yards, whether it is paying for bus tickets or arranging pick ups and reimbursing petrol costs.
-This volunteering opportunity gives students the chance to enhance their CV and gain skills such as leadership and communication.
-The University of Nottingham RDA was born a couple years ago within the Equestrian club. A few of our members started volunteering at one yard, then more joined and we added a new yard, and another, and now we have around a hundred volunteers going to three different yards over five weekly sessions.
-Our students provide valuable support to the yards, and they personally gain from this opportunity. This is why we need your help, so we can keep offering this volunteering scheme to students!
Where will the money go?
- All donations will be used to support our group, covering transport costs to ensure volunteers can help for free, and promoting our amazing group within the university.
Here's what your donation could be paying for:
-A little road trip to support Scropton RDA centre: £28
-A car full of lovely volunteers to help Dukeries RDA group: £22
-A return bus ticket for 5 helpful students for Lings Lane Stable: £13
-Three big posters to promote our work and introduce ourselves to students within the university: £20
Find us here
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence, or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make a difference!